Thursday, June 26, 2014

June 26, 2014
What an amazingly, breathtakingly, beautiful summer week we've had!  Blue skys, warm weather, lovely breeze - this week is exactly why summer is my absolute favorite.  We piled into the car on Friday morning and drove down to Mattapoisett - we immediately slapped on sunscreen and hit the beach for a short visit before lunch.  Molly and I had the beach to ourselves, while Annie stayed back at the house to try out her new scooter. We grabbed lunch and I took off to get my haircut at Stephen's.  When I got back, the wind had picked up and had gotten a little chilly down at the beach.  Thankfully, Mom and Dad have revived the hot tub!!  The girls loved it and we used it both days we were down in the poi.















We decided to come back after dinner on Saturday because Molly started camp on Monday and they were holding an open house on Sunday afternoon.  I like to have Sundays to get set for the week anyhow.  I got a long run in Sunday morning along the Charles - it was just gorgeous.  Matt took Molly to the Open house and then got his run in afterwards.  We then rendevoused and went to the Y for a swim.  It was busy, but fun and Molly is starting to get more and more confident in the water.  Monday morning arrived and the girls were in daycare/camp and Matt at work.  I had the whole house and day to myself!  I had lofty goals of overhauling the office and several loads of laundry - yeah, that didn't happen.  While I did get a few things done, it was a peaceful and relaxing day.
I went into work on Tuesday - have I mentioned how much I love this summer schedule?? I picked the girls up and we went to the pool - my first solo trip.  It was great!  Molly was such a good listener, as was Annie for the most part.  It was crazy busy though - a lot busier then I expected, but we all had a blast and cooled of despite all the people.



Wednesday afternoon I picked Molly up early from camp and we met Charlotte for ice cream and playground time.  Molls loves fooling around with the camera, and I'm all to happy to oblige.  We had some fun waiting for the Hanselmans.  While it was great to see Rachel and Charlotte, we quickly determined an after camp date isn't the best idea.  Both girls were hot, and whooped from a long day at camp.  At least there weren't tears, just slow moving littles.  We said goodbye to the Hanselmans, picked up Annie, and booked it to the spray park in Waltham to meet Patience and crew.  It was HOT and we needed to cool down - I love that the girls are still into the spray park.  As long as that is the case then we'll keep going for sure.  We got home for dinner and it was quite steamy and humid out.  Matt had turned the AC on in the girls room so we decided to set them up with a picnic in there!  They were so cute.




P and I went out for a sushi girls dinner, while Matt stayed at home with some sleepy girls.  I love that we're still hanging out even though Anne isn't around.  Despite over serving myself, we had a great dinner and a nice walk in the cool evening afterwards.  That bring me to today: Thursday aka yoga day.  I love this day and look forward to it all week!   Doesn't hurt that we shut down the office today for the next three weeks.  Can't WAIT!  Was less the productive at work, but oh well.  Had a great, great class tonight.  Really worked on the core, like really.  I already feel sore as I type this tonight.  Hoping to catch another one of her classes next week as I'll miss Thursday night when we head to the poi for the 4th!  So looking forward to running the Mattapoisett Road Race - finally, after watching people run for so many years.





No comments:

Post a Comment