Thursday, June 26, 2014

new resolve

Here I am, a long way from where I started writing here.  I want to try something new - lets hope I can stick to it: once a week, sit down and reflect on the week in the life of Team McDonald.  Time is moving so fast and I don't want to forget - nor do I want my kids to forget their history.  So here goes, June 19, 2014
Things are finally settling down around here.  Its been a very busy June so far. Beginning with Molly's birthday(s): family dinner, big family dinner, friend party at Joey's Playground.  It was a ton of fun, but we were all wiped out.

Tuesday I had a work retreat.  It was, in a word, awful.  The one positive that came out of that is a new resolve to becoming a nurse.  I looked into classes, and I just need the vouchers from Julie and then I can sign up!  I'm going to do this - its the right thing.  I'm terrified, but aren't all things worth doing terrifying?
The day after the retreat, Anne, Patience, and I had a little girls night.  The last one before the Mackay's move.  It was mellow: late lunch at Woodman's, wine and talking back in Cambridge, and early dinner, a walk, and of course more talking.  It was great, though bittersweet.

























We went right into Matt's reunion,  and a rainy morning playdate with Jasper, Ava, and James.  Everyone played so nicely together - our last time as a big group :(   The day after the playdate Molly had her recital - she did SO well and was just so proud.  Dance seems to be something she really enjoys and feels proud of.  She can't WAIT for next year.  



Monday we all went to work - Matt and I to BB&N, and the girls to Julie's.  We prepared for our last BBQ with the Mackay's.  It was a time where you just wanted everything to slow down.  The kids were having fun, for the most part, until a tired Molly got upset about her solo act in the hoola hoop play.  That evening was the first time I realized just how much I'm going to miss not only Anne, but Drew and Jasper too.  That little boy is such a sweetheart and I just adore him - I'm sad to miss seeing him become a big brother.  Later that night, Patience came by for a glass (or bottle) of wine as we said our final goodbyes.  It didn't feel as final knowing that I have tickets in hand to see them later this summer, but it was teary and clingy nontheless.
















Tuesday was Molly's final dance class, and the parents were invited into the studio to watch and have a little party at the end.  After a rocky start to dance class, Annie settled down to watch Molly and eat a snack.  The girls then performed their recital numbers, thats when something magical happened.  Annie proceeded to stand right in front of Miss Maria and perform the dance along with her - the look on Annie's face was priceless - SO PROUD!  I'm so looking forward to having them both dance next year.





Wednesday was a lovely, hot, summer day.  Patience invited us to the BSC - it was great, really.  I just wish it was in the budget.  The girls were so independent.  We all had a great time, despite Annie showing her new colors as a three and a half year old.  The absolute worst age.  She is trying to assert herself and be independent, and its almost cute as she's so little, but it gets old fast.  Can't wait to have my sweet girl back - hopefully soon.
Today was a decidedly more mellow day.  After a short run this morning, I went into work while Matt hung with the girls and took Annie to her last day of school, which I totally forgot to take a picture of.  While she was at school he took Molly to get our new, much larger TV.  Its great - fits the space quite well.  The world cup has been fun to watch on it :)  Tomorrow we're heading to the beach house.  Its going to be gorgeous - I can't wait!  Just hope its warm enough for the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment